During the Shelter-in-Place, we cannot run help sessions in our classroom, but we can help you remotely. The filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020 for both Federal and California taxes, and we'll be here to help until the deadline. Here are resources you can use to file your taxes online:
Complete this form to get a direct web link to the simple online tool called Tax Slayer. The service is free for all tax filers this year!
Make an appointment with Ja'Nae Craig, Executive Assistant. During the Zoom session, Ja'Nae will prepare your taxes with you present online, so make sure you have all of your documents (listed below) handy.
Filing Season Deadline
Both the federal and state tax return filing (and payment) deadlines have been extended to July 15.
Just Want to Make Sure You Receive the Stimulus Check?
The IRS released a new electronic portal to assist people on SSI and other non-filers in receiving their stimulus payments. Individuals can go to the portal, enter their personal information, and that information will be utilized to send them a stimulus payment: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here.
Documents to Bring to Your Zoom Appointment with Ja'Nae:
- Social security numbers for you and your dependents
- All W-2 forms for the year from all employers
- Last year's tax return, if you filed.
- If applicable, childcare and dependent care expenses, including the name, address, phone number, and Tax ID number of the childcare provider
- Name, address, and telephone number of your landlord
- Any tax forms you received about educational expenses for you and your dependents
- Form 1095 showing that you have health insurance
- Checking and Savings account information for direct deposit (fastest)