All programs are being offered remotely and online only, in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Our physical office is temporarily closed and staff are working remotely. All of us can be reached by email.
Let your counselor know of any special needs you are facing during this crisis.
Don't file taxes but want to get your stimulus check? The IRS released a new electronic portal to assist people on SSI and other non-filers in receiving their stimulus payments. Individuals can go to the portal, enter their personal information, and that information will be utilized to send them a stimulus payment: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here.
- Administrative Careers Training (ACT): We are currently recruiting for the all-online class that starts June 1st. Sign up for an information session and apply here.
- SparkPoint, Antioch (WIOA), and Los Medanos (WIOA) enrollees: Your career counselors are available for remote (phone or video conference) appointments.
- Evening Career and Technology Center: Classes are being offered remotely. Sign up for ESL and computer classes here. However, public access to computers and the Internet is not available during the shelter-in-place.
- Do-It-Yourself Tax Assistance: We are offering assistance for you to prepare your own taxes, in addition to offering one-on-one VITA services. Click here to sign up.
Click here to view the list of all the resources we have compiled.
The RYSE Center has also compiled a list of support services:
Learn how to lower your gas and electric bills.
The following companies are mass hiring due to COVID-19.
- Luckys, SaveMart & FoodMaxx: