Information on Healthcare Career Pathways Program for Contra Costa Residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training
Where Compassion Meets Healthcare
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training program offers motivated job seekers the opportunity to enter the healthcare field, earn a higher wage, and access pathways to greater economic success.
We are no longer accepting applications for the upcoming cohort.
We will begin accepting applications for the following cohort by January 17 .
Apply Now: Next Cohorts Start in January
Next Cohorts Start in January
- Duration: 12-week program
- Classes: Mon - Fri 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Small cohort sizes
- Hands-on clinical experience with licensed instructors
- Antioch: Opportunity Junction
- Concord: Mt. Diablo Adult Education
- Hot lunches Monday-Thursday
- Mental health resources and support
- Connections to employers
- Job placement assistance
- Alumni career advancement support
The total cost of tuition and fees for this course is $3,000. However, Opportunity Junction identifies funding sources to cover this cost so that none of these costs are passed on to those enrolled in this training program.
Doreen's Success Story
Doreen Katiba immigrated to the United States in 2018. She wanted to reunite with her husband who was already in the U.S. In Kenya, Doreen had served many patients as a counselor, helping with their emotional and social needs. Her dream in the United States was to receive healthcare training to help with patients' physical needs as well.Read the full story
Want to learn more or help us spread the word?
- Attend a Monday Q&A Session in Antioch
- Watch our informational video
- Contact us at email@example.com
- Share our CNA Training flyer
Professional Skills Instructor
Cell: (925) 278-9706
Program participants must be 18 or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Participants must have medical insurance and COVID-19 vaccination before classes begin.