Careers at Opportunity Junction
Working at Opportunity Junction is more than a job-it's a rewarding life experience. We connect personally with each other and our clients, who become members of the OJ family. Opportunity Junction is recognized as an innovative leader in client service. Our culture is nimble, and we implement best practices, embrace new opportunities, and constantly learn from and make changes based on experience.
Currently, we do not have any openings.
"Our primary commitment as an organization is to our clients' long-term success and that translates to the staff as a whole. We care about each other, our lives, our commitments, our outcomes."
One of our core values is relationships. We value our relationship with clients, partners, and each other. The office is warm and welcoming. OJ is a great place to work because staff members care about your well-being and personal growth.
Business Services Manager
At Opportunity Junction, we believe that everyone who is willing to work hard deserves an opportunity to succeed. We help low-income residents of East Contra Costa, most of them living below the poverty line, gain the skills and confidence they need to get and keep jobs that support themselves and their families. The work is intensely rewarding.
We are seeking a full-time Business Services Manager to join our team with the primary responsibilities of developing and maintaining relationships with employer partners and contributing substantially to employment outcomes for our employment programs. The Business Services Manager serves as an ambassador, both externally with employers and within Opportunity Junction, as a champion for effective employer partnerships.
Our culture is nimble, implementing current best practices and embracing new opportunities while learning from mistakes, and you should be, too. If we can find a better way to serve our job seekers or the employers who hire them, we want to make it happen. The successful candidate must have the ability to build strong relationships, a data-centered focus (we are highly data-driven and data-informed), strong organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Evening and weekend work is required. Local residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
Opportunity Junction has excellent employee benefits, including generous holiday, vacation, and benefits policies. Salary range $50,000-$60,000. This position reports to the Director of Programs
The Business Services Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Arranging meetings with potential employer partners to market employer services;
- Working with staff to incorporate employer feedback into the programs;
- Working across teams to develop appropriate marketing materials for all employer offerings;
- Using Salesforce to track opportunities and outcomes;
- Attending Chamber and other community events; and
- Such other duties as may be required (we all wear a lot of hats around here).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal including public speaking;
- Outgoing personality and strong networking skills;
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, and the ability to utilize database systems for reporting and analysis; and
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years work experience, or 10 years work experience. Work experience should be in a related field such as Sales/Marketing, Public Relations, Staffing Services, Job Development.
- Familiarity with Contra Costa businesses and economic climate; and
- Experience working with disadvantaged populations.
Instructions for Applying:
- Please email your resume and a cover letter demonstrating that you are an outstanding candidate for this position and attach as a Word document (.doc or .docx).
All content © 2018 Opportunity Junction, Inc. 3102 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch, CA 94509, phone (925) 776-1133 Opportunity Junction is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, Tax ID 68-0459131.