Impact and Learning Manager
At Opportunity Junction, we believe that everyone who is willing to work hard deserves an opportunity to succeed. We help low-income residents of East Contra Costa, most of them living below the poverty line, gain the skills and confidence they need to get and keep jobs that support themselves and their families. The work is intensely rewarding.
We are seeking an Impact and Learning Manager to join our team and lead our data collection, impact analysis, and learning efforts. Reporting to the Executive Director, and working in our custom Salesforce implementation, the successful candidate will implement and oversee efforts to track, measure, analyze, improve, and report on our strategies and impact. This position will provide thought partnership regarding impact and assessment to the Leadership Team.
Founded in 2000, Opportunity Junction now has a budget of more than $2 million and five programs serving almost 1,000 residents annually: our flagship Job Training and Placement Program (JTPP), individualized Career Counseling and Placement Assistance (CCPA), the youth-serving Road Map to College, the evening Technology Center, and Do-It-Yourself Tax Assistance. Opportunity Junction has been honored with the Bank of America Neighborhood Builder's award in 2012, the Tipping Point Award in 2013, and the 2017 Chair of the Board Award from the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors. Particular points of pride include our relationships with program alumni, our use of data to demonstrate impact and source ideas for program improvement, and our openness to innovation. Learn more about us at http://www.OpportunityJunction.org.
- Lead efforts to monitor programs, participants, and performance in our Salesforce database:
- Training and guidance of program staff in tracking participants, demographics, and outcomes.
- Quality assurance of the data entered by program staff.
- Implementing data tracking of employer satisfaction and satisfaction of participants in CCPA.
- Adding validation rules, shortcuts, reports, and processes to make data entry less onerous to staff, more accurate, and more useful.
- Source ideas for program changes from monitoring data.
- Launch, in partnership with the Employment Development Department and Tipping Point Community, a framework of impact analysis developed as a part of our recent Impact Audit.
- Maximize the use of "Salesforce to Salesforce" to share data entry responsibilities across the organization.
- Serve as a resource to program-level staff on data management and performance management practices, and relevant statistical concepts.
Key competencies for the position, developed through any combination of education and experience:
- Salesforce Administration: Familiarity with Salesforce standard objects and App installation, and ability to develop and implement workflows, validation rules, formula fields, and reports. Preferred: Familiarity with NPSP 3.0. Wish list: VisualForce page development using Apex or Apps that can allow data entry into multiple objects from a single form.
- Data Analysis: Knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research/evaluation methodologies, or aptitude to learn these methodologies and strong analytical skills.
- Technology: Proficiency in Excel and Google Apps. Wish list: Experience using statistical packages and data presentation software like Tableau.
- Relationship Building: Able to maintain good working relationships while holding the organization accountable for data entry and monitoring.
- Communication: Able to communicate clearly with staff and outside partners in writing, and able to interpret complex data for stakeholders. Preferred: Ability to clearly present information using PowerPoint.
Salary range is $55,000 to $65,000, commensurate with fit and experience. Benefits include 16 days of paid holidays along with a starting vacation accrual of 3 weeks per year and sick time accrual of 6 days per year.
Instructions for Applying:
- Use the subject line "Impact and Learning Manager - YOUR NAME".
- Please include only a short introductory email and attach as a Word (.doc or .docx), OpenDocument Text (.odt), or Rich Text (.rtf) document:
- Your resume; and
- A cover letter that demonstrates your qualifications for and interest in this particular position.